Monday, July 6, 2015
U.S. 101 @ College Ave Santa Rosa-Night Ramp Closures 7-6-15
State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: July 3, 2015
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Allyn Amsk
Phone: (510) 286-5445
Construction Resumes for College Avenue Widening Project at U.S. 101
Week Night Ramp Closures Begin Monday Night, July 6
Full Closures from Cleveland Ave. to Morgan Street Begin Monday Night, July 6
Santa Rosa –Caltrans will resume work the week of July 6 to begin construction on the south side of College Avenue, between Cleveland Avenue and Morgan Street.
Concrete demolition will begin Monday night, July 6, and continue for about two weeks, nightly, Monday through Friday:
• Demolition is a noisy activity and residents may notice increased noise from demolition equipment and mandatory backup alarms while the contractor is working in the construction zone.
• Due to traffic and businesses in the construction zone, this work must be completed at night.
• The northbound and southbound on-ramps to U.S. Route 101 will be closed nightly, Monday, July 6, through Friday, July 10, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• The northbound off-ramp will be closed nightly, Monday, July 6, through Friday, July 10, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
• The southbound off-ramp will be closed nightly, Monday, July 6, through Friday, July 10, from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m.
• There will be lane closures on College Avenue, as necessary, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Nightly Road Closures from Cleveland Avenue to Morgan Street
Monday night, July 6, through Friday night, July 10, Caltrans will close College Avenue in the eastbound and westbound directions from Cleveland Avenue to Morgan Street.
• In general, for the next three months, residents and businesses should expect that eastbound College Avenue will be closed as necessary from Cleveland Avenue to Morgan Street, Monday night through Friday night, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• In addition, westbound College Avenue from Cleveland Avenue to Morgan Street will be closed as necessary for worker and public safety, Monday night through Friday night, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• Lane closures will begin nightly at 9 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Detour: Morgan Street to 9th Street to Cleveland Avenue.
• Freeway on-ramps and off-ramps will also be closed when necessary. See closure hours above.
• This road work depends on weather conditions and will be rescheduled if necessary.
This project will widen College Avenue at US 101 between Cleveland Avenue to the west and Morgan Avenues to the east of the interchange. Improvements include new bicycle lanes and pedestrian sidewalks in either direction, a second left-turn lane for eastbound College Avenue approach to the northbound
US 101 on-ramp, and an extension of the westbound College Avenue to northbound Cleveland Avenue right-turn lane that will start at Morgan Avenue.
New replacement traffic signals within project limits will provide further enhancement to the interchange.
For more information about the project, visit the Department’s website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/101collegeave.