Date: May 30, 2014
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Allyn Amsk
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. 101/State Route 116 Construction
Off-ramp from Southbound U.S. 101 to Petaluma Blvd. South to be Closed
Southbound On-ramp from Petaluma Blvd. South to U.S. 101 to be Relocated
Petaluma, Sonoma County – On Monday night, June 9, Caltrans will make changes to southbound ramps for U.S. 101 at Petaluma Boulevard South.
Southbound U.S. 101 Off-ramp Closure
- On Monday night, June 9, Caltrans will close the current off-ramp from southbound U.S. 101 to Petaluma Boulevard South. This closure is expected to last about six weeks and is necessary so that Caltrans can build a new southbound off-ramp that will connect to the new Kastania Road overcrossing.
- Detour: Southbound traffic will exit at the U.S. 101 off-ramp to State Route 116, and turn right on Lakeville Street and left on East D. Street in order to reach Petaluma Blvd South.
Southbound U.S. 101 On-ramp Relocation
- On Monday night, June 9, Caltrans will also open the new Kastania Road Overcrossing and the new on-ramp to southbound U.S. 101 from Petaluma Blvd South/ Kastania Road.
- Motorists heading south on Petaluma Blvd South and traveling to southbound U.S. 101 will proceed over the new Kastania Overcrossing to the new southbound U.S. 101 on-ramp.
- The current on-ramp to southbound U.S. 101 will no longer be in use as of the morning of June 10.
If this work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for a later time. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you and Slow for the Cone Zone. The California Highway Patrol will be on site during these closures.
For more information about this Caltrans construction project, please visit the website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/101petalumablvd, or follow us on Twitter: Caltrans District 4 @Sonoma101.
# # #