Date: September 4, 2014
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Allyn Amsk
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. 101/State Route 116 Construction
Northbound Traffic Lane Realignment on Saturday Night
Full Southbound Closure on Friday Night, September 12
Petaluma, Sonoma County – Caltrans has scheduled several activities in September that are expected to impact traffic.
U.S. 101 Northbound Lane Realignment at State Route 116
Caltrans will modify the current detour for northbound U.S. 101 traffic at State Route 116. Northbound traffic currently moves to the southbound bridge and then returns to northbound U.S. 101. Caltrans will modify the curve of this detour. These changes are necessary to prepare for a traffic shift to the new section of the Petaluma River Bridge currently being constructed.
- One northbound lane will be closed on Saturday night, September 6, from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m., while the contractor restripes the lanes.
- Motorists should be alert for the new alignment when they drive through the construction zone
Southbound U.S. 101 Closure, Friday Night, September 12
Southbound U.S. 101 will be closed for a concrete pour at the Petaluma River Bridge from Friday night to Saturday morning, September 12 – 13
- Southbound U.S. 101 at State Route 116 will be closed from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Detour: Exit at State Route 116/Lakeville Highway and turn left. Continue to State Route 37 and turn right. Continue to southbound U.S. 101. Motorists should expect travel delay and allow extra time to reach their destination.
- Note: Petaluma Boulevard South under the Petaluma Bridge will remain open during the southbound U.S. 101 closure.
For more information about this Caltrans construction project, please visit the website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/101petalumablvd.