Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Caltrans and City of Vallejo Partner in Major Maintenance Effort Eastbound Interstate-780 to Westbound I-80


Date:        May 27, 2014                      
Agency:   Caltrans District 4 –Oakland            Agency: City of Vallejo
Contact:  Vince Jacala                                     Contact: Nimat Shakoor-Grantham  
Phone:    (510) 286-5206                                 Phone: (707) 648-4522

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Caltrans and City of Vallejo Partner in Major Maintenance Effort
Eastbound Interstate-780 to Westbound I-80
Connector Closure during Landscape & Litter Effort Start Wednesday, May 28th

 

SOLANO COUNTY – Caltrans, the City of Vallejo, and several area agencies join forces in the eighth phase of a key partnership to beautify main entrances and thoroughfares in Vallejo through the “Vallejo Interagency Partnership” (VIP) program.

The major landscaping maintenance and litter abatement effort includes work on eastbound Interstate-780 from Lemon Street to the westbound I-80 connector. 

The two-day major maintenance effort starts Wednesday, May 28th and concludes on Thursday, May 29th.  Work starts each day at 9 a.m. and concludes at 3 p.m. All work is weather permitting.  

Crews from Caltrans, the City of Vallejo, and other agencies will trim-back overgrown trees, clear drains, weed, mow, and clear-out trash, and debris along I-780, I-80, and adjacent onramps.

Eastbound I-780 connector to Westbound I-80 closed:
To ensure worker and public safety, the eastbound I-780 connector to westbound I-80 will be closed during the work. Detour signs will be posted. Motorists should allow extra travel time and watch for crews working on ramps and shoulders.

The far right lane of eastbound I-780 between Lemon Street and the I-80 interchange will also be closed.  

For additional information, go to our project webpage at:

Or follow Caltrans on Twitter at:

We appreciate your patience as we work to maintain our highways.
                                                                   
###

No comments:

Post a Comment