Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I-780 Connector Ramps from I-80 & I-680 Overnight Closures

State of California • Department of Transportation

TRAFFIC ADVISORY

Date: October 7, 2015
District: 4 – Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: (510) 286-5206

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Interstate 780 –Connector Ramps from I-80 and I-680
Overnight Intermittent Connector Closures-Benicia and Vallejo
Start October 7 at 9:00 PM

SOLANO COUNTY – Caltrans continues a major pavement repair project on Interstate 780 (I-780) in Solano County. The work includes overlay and major pavement repair of seven miles of westbound and eastbound I-780 between Benicia and Vallejo.

Although no full highway closures are scheduled, motorists may experience delays as crews work on I-780 with intermittent, overnight, alternating ramp and lane closures. Work is weather permitting. Project will be completed as early as November 2015.

For two consecutive nights, starting October 7, crews will perform lane striping work in preparation of the major pavement repair project on I-780 between Vallejo and Benicia.

Eastbound I-780 Connector to Northbound I-680- Closed Overnight
To ensure worker and public safety, the eastbound I-780 connector to northbound I-680 in Benicia will be closed intermittently. Closures are scheduled Wednesday, October 7 and Thursday, October 8 at 9:00 PM until 6:00 AM the following mornings.

Eastbound I-780 to Northbound I-680- Detour-Benicia
Motorists traveling to northbound I-680 will be detoured to East 2nd Street, right on East 2nd, then northbound on East 2nd, right on Industrial Way, and left to northbound I-680.

I-780/I-80 Interchange-Alternating Overnight Connector Closures-Vallejo
At the same time, Crews will perform lane striping work at the I-780/I-80 interchange in Vallejo. Caltrans will alternate closures of ramps connecting I-80 with I-780 at various times overnight. Motorists should expect delays and watch for detours.

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CaltransD4 Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways. Please #BeWorkZoneAlert

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment