State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: January 27, 2017
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: RocQuel Johnson
Phone: (510) 501-0446
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UPDATE: State Route 13 Lane/State Route 24 Connector Closures
Four Consecutive Nights Starting Saturday, January 28
Oakland, Calif. – Caltrans is closing the #1 lane on southbound State Route 13 (SR-13) and the eastbound State Route 24 (SR-24) connector to southbound SR-13 in Oakland. The closure is necessary to allow crews the opportunity to evaluate below the #1 lane of SR 13.
Work will begin on Saturday, January 28 and be completed by February 1, 2017.
As part of the work, one of the two traffic lanes of SR-13 just north of the Broadway Terrace exit will be closed for four consecutive nights.
• Sat, Jan 28–Sun, Jan 29; SB SR-13, #1 lane closed 8PM to 8AM
• Sun, Jan 29 – Feb 1; SB SR-13, #1 lane closed 8PM to 5AM
To ensure worker and public safety, the eastbound SR-24 connector to southbound SR-13 will also be closed during four consecutive nights.
• Sat, Jan 28 – Sun, Jan 29; EB SR-24 connector to SB SR-13 closed 11PM to 7AM
• Sun, Jan 29 –Wed, Feb 1; EB SR-24 connector to SB SR-13 closed 10PM to 5AM
During the connector closure, the following detour routes will be in effect:
• From eastbound SR-24, exit Tunnel Road / Caldecott Lane, make a right turn onto Tunnel Road, right-turn onto Caldecott Lane, right-turn onto westbound SR-24 onramp, exit to southbound SR-13
All work is weather permitting.
Get real-time traffic on Caltrans Quickmaps: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/ Or follow Caltrans on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CaltransD4. Please #BeWorkZoneAlert.