Friday, August 28, 2015

I-780 Pave Repair Project-Benicia-Vallejo- Updates Aug 28-Sept 5

State of California • Department of Transportation

TRAFFIC ADVISORY

Date: August 28, 2015
District: 4 – Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: (510) 286-5206

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Interstate 780 – Major Pavement Repair Project
Between Benicia and Vallejo-Updates August 28 – September 5

SOLANO COUNTY – Caltrans continues a major pavement repair project on Interstate 780 (I-780) in Solano County. The work includes overlay and major pavement repair of seven miles of westbound and eastbound I-780 between Benicia and Vallejo.

Although no full highway closures are scheduled at this time, motorists may experience delays as crews work on I-780 with intermittent, overnight, alternating ramp and lane closures. Specific ramp closure and detour signs will be posted. All work is weather permitting. Project will be completed as early as November 2015.

I-780 Construction – Friday, August 28 until Saturday, September 5
Starting Friday August 28 until Saturday September 5 crews are scheduled to perform drainage work on various sections of the project on I-780. To ensure worker and public safety, one of the two traffic lanes on eastbound I-780 and one of the two traffic lanes on westbound I-780 between Benicia and Vallejo will be closed nightly, Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 PM until 6:00 AM the following mornings.

I-780 Overcrossing Work – Alternating Lane Closures
Crews will also perform joint seal replacement work at the following locations:

Rose Drive I-780 Overcrossing, Benicia
August 31 at 9:00PM until 6:00 AM the following morning.

Glen Cove Road I-780 Overcrossing, Vallejo
September 1 and September 2 starting at 9:00PM until 6:00 AM the following mornings.

The overcrossing work requires overnight alternating one-way traffic controls. At least one lane across the overcrossings will remain open at all times. Watch for flaggers. Motorists may experience delays.

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CaltransD4 Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways. Please #BeWorkZoneAlert

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment