TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE
Date: April 24, 2015
District: District 4 - Oakland
Contact: Victor Gauthier RocQuel Johnson
Phone: (510) 286-6115 (510) 286-4948
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nighttime Closures Scheduled for Interstate 580 Rehabilitation Project
Oakland, Alameda County – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has scheduled various freeway lane closures for nighttime preparation work for the Interstate 580 (I-580) Rehabilitation Project. The closures will take place on Monday April 27, and Tuesday April 28.
Please see locations and times below:
• Eastbound I-580 from Route 580/24 Separation to 35th Ave. Overcrossing 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
• Westbound I-580 from 35th Ave. Overcrossing to Route 580/24 Separation 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
• Eastbound I-580 connector to eastbound I-980 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
• Eastbound I-580 connector to US-24 1:00 AM to 6:00 AM
• On Eastbound I-580, the Grand Ave. off-ramp10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
Detour signs will be in place to assist motorists traveling in the area.
This work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if necessary. Motorists are advised to expect delays and allow extra time for their commute. Please drive with caution through the construction zone, leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you, and Slow for the Cone Zone.
For more information about this Caltrans construction project, visit the website at:
# # #