State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: April 28, 2015
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Allyn Amsk
Phone: (510) 286-5445
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Southbound I-680 Marina Vista Off-Ramp Closure in Martinez
Rescheduled to Begin Monday Night, May 4
Martinez, Contra Costa County – The closure of the southbound off-ramp from Interstate 680 to Marina Vista/Waterfront Road has been rescheduled for Monday night, May 4, at 9 p.m.. A previous announcement stated that the closure would begin on Wednesday morning, April 29. The closure will remain in effect until October 2015 while the contractor removes the old off-ramp structure and builds a new structure.
• Detour: during this closure, southbound I-680 traffic will detour to the Arthur Road interchange, exit and cross under the freeway, return to northbound I-680, and exit at Marina Vista/Waterfront Road.
• Marina Vista and Waterfront Road will remain open during the extended ramp closure.
• Residents near Arthur Road may notice increased traffic when the detour begins.
If work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for a later time. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone, follow the direction of flaggers, leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you, and Slow for the Cone Zone.
Construction began in Summer 2014 and will continue through Winter 2015. Activities include performing a seismic retrofit of the southbound structure over Marina Vista/Waterfront Road and replacing the southbound Marina Vista/Waterfront Road off-ramp. In addition, a one-lane emergency access route will be built to connect southbound I-680 with northbound I-680. This access route will be used for emergency vehicles if an earthquake results in a closure of southbound I-680.
For more information about the project:
• Visit the website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/projects/680mococo/
• Follow us on Twitter: @CaltransD4.