Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I-80/I-680/SR 12 Interchange Project – Fairfield-April 2015 Update

State of California • Department of Transportation

NEWS RELEASE

Date: April 21, 2015
District: 4 – Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: (510) 286-5206

I-80/I-680/SR 12 Interchange Project – Fairfield
Increased Construction Activities resume April 2015

SOLANO COUNTY– Caltrans and its project partner, the Solano Transportation Authority (STA), have completed preliminary false work installation on the new I-80 Green Valley Road Overcrossing. The false work installation completed on April 9th required a full closure on I-80. The preliminary work marks a major milestone in this first package of the Interstate 80/Interstate 680/State Route 12 (I-80/I-680/SR 12) Interchange Project.

Pile-Driving Operations
With the metal beams of the new overcrossing installed, businesses and residents near the construction site may encounter increased noise due to the resumption of daytime pile-driving at the adjacent I-680/I-80 interchange, and the site of the new westbound I-80 to westbound SR 12 connector. Pile-driving is scheduled to resume in mid-April 2015 until fall 2015. Normal pile-driving hours are 9:00AM until 5:00PM Monday-Friday.

Increased Material Import
Motorists and residents near the construction zone may encounter temporary detours, intermittent lane closures, pile-driving, and see increased heavy construction equipment. All work is weather permitting.

Daytime travel delays may also be likely due to increased material hauling activity near Green Valley Road and Business Center Drive starting mid-April 2015. Motorists should watch for flaggers and changeable message signs.

Caltrans will make announcements when detour routes are necessary.

Online Information
Get additional project information on our Caltrans project webpage:
http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/projects/solano8068012/

Or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CaltransD4

Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to improve California’s highways.
Please be #BeWorkZoneAlert
-MORE-



Support Beam Installation




Crews completed false work installation on Westbound I-80 at the new Green Valley Road Overcrossing (Photo courtesy of Caltrans, April 2015)

Support Beam Installation



View from the partially completed I-80 Green Valley Road overcrossing. (Photo Courtesy of Caltrans, April 2015)





Atop the new Overcrossing



The new Green Valley Road overcrossing begins to take shape from above I-80. (Photo Courtesy of Caltrans, April 2015)

Retaining Wall Construction



New retaining walls completed near the I-80/I-680 Interchange in Fairfield.
(Photo Courtesy of Caltrans, April 2015)



###


No comments:

Post a Comment