State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: April 7, 2016
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: (510) 286-5206
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Interstate-80-Retro Reflective Sign Installation
Overnight Ramp Closures-Week of April 7 until April 10
SOLANO COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has started installing new retro-reflective signs at several locations on Interstate 80 (I-80) between Vallejo and Dixon in Solano County. The work started in early April and will continue for approximately 3-4 weeks. All work is weather permitting.
To ensure worker and public safety, the following ramps will be closed at various dates from 9:00 PM-5:00 AM between April 7 and April 10. Caltrans will make additional announcements for sign installation work continuing after April 10.
I-80 Overnight Ramp Closures-Vallejo-Fairfield-April 6 until April 10
• I-80 Eastbound/Westbound Georgia Street off-ramp/on-ramp-closed
• I-80 Eastbound/Westbound Springs Road off-ramp/on-ramp-closed
• Westbound I-80 connectors to eastbound and westbound State Route 37
• I-80 American Canyon Road/Hiddenbrooke Parkway off-ramp/on-ramp closed
• I-80 Eastbound Red Top Road on-ramp-closed
• I-80 Westbound Red Top Road off-ramp-closed
• State Route-12 (SR-12) eastbound connector to eastbound I-80-closed
The new signs are illuminated by motorists’ headlights, making them more visible than traditional signage, and don’t require electricity.
For additional information regarding retro-reflective signs, watch our Caltrans Newsflash https://youtu.be/za_thqHA92I
Or follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/CaltransD4
Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways.
# # #