Thursday, April 28, 2016

I-780 Major Pavement Repair-Benicia-Vallejo Starts April 28

State of California • Department of Transportation

TRAFFIC ADVISORY

Date: April 28, 2016
District: 4 – Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: (510) 286-5206

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Interstate 780 – Major Pavement Repair Resumes
Benicia and Vallejo
Work for Thursday, April 28 – Friday, May 6

SOLANO COUNTY – Caltrans resumes major pavement repair on Interstate 780 (I-780) in Solano County following a winter break in work. The project includes overlay and pavement repair of seven miles of westbound and eastbound I-780 between Benicia and Vallejo. Project will be completed as early as summer 2016.

Although no full highway closures are scheduled, motorists may experience delays as crews work on I-780 with intermittent, overnight, alternating ramp and lane closures.

The following ramps and connectors will be closed intermittently starting at 8:00 PM until 5:00 AM the next morning Monday-Friday April 28 until May 6. Crews will alternate ramp closures. No two consecutive ramps will be closed at the same time. Detour signs will be posted. Caltrans will make additional announcements for work beyond May 6.

Intermittent Overnight Ramp/Connector Closures-WB I-780-Benicia-Vallejo
• 5th Street onramp/offramp
• East 2nd Street onramp/offramp
• Southampton Road onramp/offramp
• Military West onramp/offramp
• Southbound I-680 connector to westbound I-780
• Columbus Parkway onramp/offramp
• Glen Cove Road onramp/offramp
• Cedar Street onramp/offramp
• Westbound I-780 connectors to and from EB/WB I-80 (10:00PM-4:00AM)

One of the two traffic lanes on westbound I-780 between Benicia and Vallejo will also be closed nightly, Mondays-Fridays from 9:00 PM until 6:00 AM the following mornings.

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CaltransD4
Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways.
# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment