State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: December 7, 2015
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Allyn Amsk
Phone: (510) 286-5445
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Route 12 Laguna de Santa Rosa Project
Road Closure and Traffic Shift to New Bridge Scheduled for December 18
SONOMA COUNTY – On Friday night, December 18, Caltrans will close State Route 12 at the Laguna de Santa Rosa Bridge in order to shift traffic to the first half of the new bridge. During this work, residents may notice increased noise from construction and mandatory backup alarms.
• SR 12 at the Laguna de Santa Rosa Bridge will be closed Friday night, December 18, at 10 p.m. and reopen on Saturday morning, December 19, at 7 a.m.
• SR 12 between Morris Street and Llano Road will only be open to local traffic.
• During the full highway closure, Village Park residents will not be permitted to freely enter the highway. Flaggers will control access, and residents should expect delays.
Detour for eastbound SR 12 traffic: Go northbound on Petaluma Avenue, left on McKinley Street, right on North Main Street, left on Route 116/Healdsburg Avenue, right on eastbound Occidental Road, right on southbound Fulton Road, and return to SR 12.
Detour for westbound SR 12 traffic: turn right on Fulton Road, left on Occidental Road, left on SR 116 (North Gravenstein Highway), right on North Main Street, and return to SR 12.
If work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone, leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you, and Slow for the Cone Zone.
Future Construction activities include:
• Traffic shift to the first half of the new bridge
• Demolition of the old bridge
• Build the second half of the new bridge
• This work is expected to take place over two construction seasons and will not be complete until 2017.
Please check the project website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/12santarosabridge/ for more information.
For more information about Caltrans projects in Sonoma County, visit the webpage at www.dot.ca.gov/dist4 and click on Sonoma County.