State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: May 17, 2017
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: RocQuel Johnson
Phone: (510) 286-4948
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Storm Damage Repair Work on State Route 85 Connector –
May 22 2017 through mid-June 2017
Santa Clara County – Caltrans is conducting emergency storm damage repair work in San Jose to raise the approach slabs on the State Route (SR) 85 southbound High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) connector to State Route 101 and the SR-85 northbound HOV connector to State Route 101. The work requires night closures due to heavy daytime traffic volumes through HOV connectors. The work will begin May 22, 2017 and continue through mid-June 2017. Hours of the closures are as follows:
• SR-85 southbound HOV connector to SR-101 will be closed nightly Mondays through Thursdays from 8:00 PM until 5:00 AM.
• SR-85 SB HOV to SR-101 will be closed Fridays from 8:00 PM until 9:00 AM.
• SR-85 SB HOV to SR-101 will be closed Saturdays from 6:00 PM until 10:00 AM.
• SR-85 SB HOV to SR-101 will be closed Sundays from 5:00 PM until 5:00 AM.
• SR-85 northbound HOV connector to SR-101 will be closed nightly Mondays through Thursdays from 7:00 PM until 5:00 AM.
• SR-85 NB HOV to SR-101 will be closed Fridays from 7:00 PM until 9:00 AM.
• SR-85 NB HOV to SR-101 will be closed Saturdays from 7:00 PM until 11:00 AM.
• SR-85 NB HOV to SR-101 will be closed Sundays from 8:00 PM until 5:00 AM
During the closures, motorists are to use SR-85 mainline. Traffic delays and construction noise may be associated with the closures. Closures will not take place over the Memorial Day weekend.
Motorists should drive with caution through the work zone. Get real-time traffic on Caltrans Quickmaps: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/. Or follow Caltrans on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CaltransD4. Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways. Please #BeWorkZoneAlert.