Date: August 26, 2014
District: 4 -
Contact: Allyn Amsk
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. 101 Drainage Repair and Paving Project
Lane Closures to Begin September 2
SONOMA COUNTY – Caltrans has scheduled a drainage repair and paving project to begin on Tuesday night, September 2. The project will begin with left lane and median shoulder closures on northbound and southbound U.S. 101 between the U.S. 101/State Route 128 Interchange and the Sonoma County/Mendocino County line.
- Lane closures will continue for about two weeks, beginning Tuesday night, September 2.
- One lane will remain open in each direction, but motorists should expect travel delay and allow additional time to reach their destination.
- Following the drainage installation, southbound U.S. 101 will be paved between the Sonoma County/Mendocino County line and the U.S. 101/State Route 128 Interchange
- Work will continue until the end of September.
- There will be various lane closures during this night work. Lane closures and work will be announced as soon as the work is scheduled.
If this work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for a later time. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you. Please remember to Slow for the Cone Zone. The California Highway Patrol will be on site during these closures.
For more information about Caltrans projects in Sonoma County, visit the webpage at www.dot.ca.gov/dist4 and click on Sonoma County.