Date: December 17, 2013
District: 4 -
Contact: Allyn Amsk
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. 101 / State Route 116 Construction in Petaluma
Full Closures of U.S. 101 at Kastania Overcrossing
Northbound U.S. 101 Traffic Shift Rescheduled
Petaluma, Sonoma County – Construction continues for the U.S. 101/State Route 116 Interchange Project and the U.S. 101 Petaluma Boulevard South Interchange Project.
Full Closure of U.S. 101 at the Kastania Overcrossing
- A full closure of northbound and southbound U.S. 101 is scheduled for Friday night, December 20, to remove falsework from the Kastania Overcrossing, just south of the Petaluma Boulevard South interchange.
- Northbound U.S. 101 will be closed at the Kastania Overcrossing Friday night, December 20, from 11:59 p.m. to 7 a.m. Detour: Traffic will exit at a temporary off-ramp to Petaluma Boulevard South and return to northbound U.S. 101 at the Petaluma Boulevard South on-ramp.
- Southbound U.S. 101 will be closed Friday, December 20, from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Detour: Take SR 116/Lakeville Highway to SR 37 and continue to southbound U.S. 101.
Closures for January 2014
- Demolition of the northbound U.S. 101 bridge structure will be rescheduled in January 2014. This demolition will require a full closure of SR 116. More details regarding closure hours and detours will be forthcoming once the plan is fully established.
- Due to cold weather that prevents paving at night, Caltrans has cancelled a traffic shift this week for northbound U.S. 101 at the State Route 116 interchange. This traffic shift will be rescheduled in January 2014. More details regarding closure hours and detours will be forthcoming once the plan is fully established.
- This shift will move northbound traffic to the left across the median to the southbound bridge. There will be two northbound lanes and two southbound lanes sharing the same bridge. After passing over SR 116, northbound traffic will shift to the right and return to the original roadway. This traffic shift will remain in effect until summer or fall of 2014 while the old northbound bridge over SR 116 is removed and replaced with a new bridge.
- Northbound and southbound lanes will be separated by a concrete barrier, and the speed limit in the construction zone will reduced to 45 MPH. It is essential for the safety of motorists and construction workers that this speed limit is observed. This speed limit will be enforced by the California Highway Patrol.
This work is weather dependent. If it is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for a later time. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you. Please remember to “Slow for the Cone Zone.”
For more information about the project, please visit our website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/101petalumablvd/. Follow us on Twitter: Caltrans District 4 @Sonoma101.