State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: September 30, 2016
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: (510) 286-5206
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Route 12-Santa Rosa
Overnight Full Highway and Ramp Closures
Week of October 9-October 14, 2016
SONOMA COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will begin installing new retro-reflective signs at several locations on State Route 12 (SR-12) in Sonoma County. This first phase of installations starts on SR-12 in Santa Rosa on Sunday, October 9, 2016 and will continue for approximately one week.
To ensure worker and public safety, the following locations along SR-12 will be closed overnight. Detour signs will be posted. Motorists should expect delays.
Westbound SR-12 Overnight Full Highway Closures
Westbound SR-12 between Farmers Lane and Maple/Brookwood Avenue in Santa Rosa will be closed Sunday, October 9 until Friday, October 14 starting each night at 11:00 PM until approximately 5:00 AM the following mornings.
Eastbound SR-12 Overnight Full Highway Closures
• Eastbound SR-12 between Fulton Road/North Wright Road and Dutton Avenue will closed Sunday, October 9 until Friday, October 14 starting each night at 11:00PM until approximately 5:00 the following mornings.
• Eastbound SR-12 between the U.S. Highway 101 and South E Street will also be closed.
Westbound SR-12 Overnight Ramp Closures-Santa Rosa
When ramp closures are necessary on westbound SR-12, ramps will be closed from 11:00 PM until 5:00 AM the following mornings. The following ramps may be closed intermittently starting October 2 until October 5:
• Westbound SR-12 on-ramp from Farmers Lane
• Westbound SR-12 off-ramp to South E. Street (Maple/Brookwood Avenue)
• Westbound/Eastbound connector to Northbound U.S. Highway 101
Eastbound SR-12 Overnight Ramp Closures-Santa Rosa
When ramp closures are necessary on eastbound SR-12, ramps will be closed from 7:00 PM until 5:00 AM the following mornings. The following ramps may be closed intermittently starting October 9 until October 14:
• Eastbound SR-12 connector to Northbound and Southbound U.S. Highway 101
• Eastbound SR-12 off-ramp to Stony Point Road
• Eastbound SR-12 off-ramp to South E Street (Bennett Valley Road)
Please watch for detour signs during closures.
Caltrans will announce additional information regarding sign installation work continuing in Sonoma County beyond October 14, 2016 as soon as information is available.
The new signs are illuminated by motorists’ headlights, making them more visible than traditional signage, and don’t require electricity.
For additional information regarding retro-reflective signs, watch our Caltrans Newsflash
If work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone, leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you, and Slow for the Cone Zone.