Friday, October 12, 2018

I-80 Pavement Work in Vlalejo Overnight Lane Reductions for Wk of Fri, Oct 12, 2018

State of California • Department of Transportation

TRAFFIC ADVISORY

Date: October 12, 2018
District: 4-Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Vince.jacala@dot.ca.gov
Phone: (510) 286-5206

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

I-80 Pavement Rehabilitation Work in Vallejo
Eastbound I-80 Work Continuing
Westbound I-80 Pavement Work Starts
For Week of Friday, October 12, 2018-Expect Delays

SOLANO COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is continuing to pave eastbound and westbound Interstate-80 (I-80) in Vallejo as part of a major pavement rehabilitation project.

The $5.8 million project is a Senate Bill (SB-1) funded project which enhances safety for motorists by paving all traffic lanes on eastbound and westbound I-80 between the Carquinez Bridge Toll Plaza and Redwood Street.

Work will be completed as early as December 2018. All work is weather permitting.
Toll Plaza Lanes Reductions & I-80 Reduced Lanes on Eastbound I-80 Nights Friday, Oct 12-Tuesday, Oct 16

Starting Friday, October 12 until Tuesday, October 16, crews will pave various traffic lanes at the Carquinez Bridge Toll Plaza and pave eastbound I-80 lanes between the Carquinez Bridge and Redwood Street.

To ensure worker and public safety, various toll lanes and some traffic lanes on eastbound I-80 will be closed during the overnight work.

Work is scheduled Friday, October 12 starting at 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM Saturday, October 13.
Additional weekend work is also scheduled Saturday, October 13, 2018 starting at 11:00 PM until 8:00 AM on Sunday, October 14.

Weekday work on eastbound I-80 is also scheduled on Monday, October 14 and Tuesday, October 15 starting at 10:00 PM each night until 5:00 AM the following mornings.

I-80 Reduced Lanes on Westbound I-80 Overnights Tuesday, Oct 16-Saturday, Oct 20

To ensure worker and public safety, various traffic lanes on westbound I-80 between Redwood Street and the Carquinez Bridge will be closed during the overnight work.
Work on westbound I-80 is scheduled starting Tuesday, October 16 until Thursday, October 18 at 9:00 PM each night until 4:00 AM the following morning.
Work on westbound I-80 is scheduled Friday, October 19 at 10:00 PM until 7:00 AM the following morning. Westbound I-80 work is also scheduled on Saturday, October 20 at 10:00 PM until Sunday, October 21 at 8:00 AM.

Motorists should expect delays and allow extra travel time through the construction zone.
CHP will assist with directing traffic.

For 24/7 traffic updates, follow 511.org: https://twitter.com/511SFBay

For real-time traffic, click-on Caltrans Quick Map: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/
Or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter/com/CaltransD4

For more information on SB 1 visit: www.rebuildingca.ca.gov
Please #BeWorkZoneAlert
# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment