Monday, August 7, 2017

I-80 Meridian Bridge Reopening & I-80 Midway Bridge to Close-Mid-Late August 2017

State of California • Department of Transportation

TRAFFIC ADVISORY

Date: August 7, 2017
District: 4-Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Vince.jacala@dot.ca.gov
Phone: (510) 286-5206

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Meridian Bridge At I-80 Reopening
Midway Bridge At I-80 Closing
Vacaville and Dixon
Overnight I-80 Full Highway Closures During Midway Bridge Demolition
Mid-August 2017

SOLANO COUNTY— The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is nearing completion of its retrofit work on the Interstate-80 (I-80) Meridian Road Bridge and will soon be reopening the Meridian Road Bridge and shifting work to the I-80 Midway Road Bridge.

Both bridges are located above eastbound and westbound I-80 in and near the cities of Vacaville and Dixon in rural Solano County.
Meridian Bridge Reopens-Summer 2017
Caltrans is tentatively scheduled to complete its work at the I-80 Meridian Road Bridge and reopen Meridian Bridge as early as mid August 2017.

Midway Bridge To Close For Demolition and Rebuid-Summer 2017
Shortly after the Meridian Bridge is reopened, Caltrans will completely CLOSE the I-80 Midway Road Bridge, demolish Midway Bridge and rebuild it. The temporary closure of the Midway Bridge is tentatively scheduled to begin as early as mid-late August. The Midway Bridge will remain CLOSED until construction of the new Midway Bridge is completed as early as spring 2018.

Project Benefits
This project retrofits the existing Meridian Road Bridge and will demolish and rebuild the Midway Road Bridge. The work seismically retrofits these bridges and brings them up to the latest seismic safety standards.

Midway Road Bridge Closure-Detour Routes
After Meridian Road Bridge is reopened, Midway Road across I-80 will be closed continuously until spring-summer 2018. During the construction of the new Midway Road Bridge, the Meridian Road Bridge above I-80 and just west of the Midway Road Bridge will remain OPEN and serve as a general detour.

I-80 Overnight Full Highway Closure-Mid August 2017
During the demolition of the Midway Road Bridge, eastbound and westbound I-80 will be closed overnight at Midway Road. A short detour onto frontage roads near the bridge will be in effect. The overnight I-80 closures are tentatively scheduled in Mid-Late August 2017. Caltrans will release additional information as more detailed dates and times are availalble.

All work is weather dependent.

Motorists should expect delays and watch for detours signs and flaggers. The CHP will assist with traffic controls.

Construction Zone Activity
Residents and businesses near the Midway Bridge may temporarily experience increased construction noise.

Get additional project information:
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Caltrans

Get 24/7 traffic updates on 511.org: https://twitter.com/511SFBAY

Or see our Caltrans I-80 Meridian/Midway Road Bridges Project website: http://www.dot.ca.gov/d4/80midwaymeridianbridge/

Caltrans thanks you for your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways and bridges.

Please #BeWorkZoneAlert
###

No comments:

Post a Comment