State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: March 27, 2017
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Chiconda V Davis
Phone: (510) 286-1227
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UPDATE On/Off-Ramp Closures for Ramp Resurfacing Project
Various Locations along Interstate 580 Corridor
March 27, 2017 through March 28, 2017
Oakland, Alameda County – Caltrans is closing various on/off ramp locations along Interstate 580 (I-580) eastbound (EB) /westbound (WB) to continue the replacement of ramps and curb ramps within 6 miles of highway from Oakland, CA to Emeryville, CA. There will be increased noise due to the removal of existing roadway and curbs during construction. The work will be conducted during night hours, from 10:00 PM to 6:30 AM at various locations along the I-580 corridor.
Detour schedule is as follows:
• EB I-580 Off-Ramp to Webster St/Broadway Detour: Use next exit.
• EB I-580 On-Ramp from Lakeshore Ave Detour: Follow detour along EB MacArthur Blvd and take the EB Beaumont Ave on-ramp to I-580.
• EB I-580 Off-Ramp to Fruitvale Ave Detour: Use next exit.
• WB State Route 24 (SR-24) Connector to WB I-580 Detour: From WB SR-24; off-ramp to EB I-580; off-ramp to Oakland Ave; NB Oakland Ave; on-ramp to WB I-580.
• WB I-580 On-Ramp from Park Blvd Detour: From Park Blvd, follow detour along WB MacArthur Blvd to NB Lakeshore Ave to WB Grand Ave on-ramp to I-580.
All work is to be completed weather permitting. Motorists should drive with caution through the work zone. Traffic fines are doubled in construction zones. Detailed project information is available at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/d4/580ramps.
Get real-time traffic on Caltrans Quickmaps: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/ Or follow Caltrans on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CaltransD4. Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways. Please #BeWorkZoneAlert.