State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: May 18, 2016
District: 4 – Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: (510) 286-5206
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Route 29-Channelization Project-Napa County
Updates Starting Sunday, May 22
NAPA COUNTY – Caltrans and its local stakeholders are continuing construction of the State Route 29 (SR-29) Channelization Project in and near St. Helena in Napa County.
Below is the week-ahead project update for the week of May 22 and May 22.
WEEK STARTING MAY 22, 2016
Storm drain installation between Inglewood Avenue and Lewelling Lane in the southbound shoulder. Work will stop just south of Hall Winery.
Hours of work are 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Mon-Fri. Southbound shoulder work will occur behind portable delineators or traffic cones. No daytime lane closures are scheduled. Slower traffic is anticipated due to the ingress and egress of heavy equipment and off-haul trucks into and out of the work zone. Full access to driveways will be maintained.
• Hot mix asphalt (HMA) paving between Dowdell Lane and Charter Oak Avenue in the northbound shoulder– Monday & Tuesday Nights
• Roadway re-striping between Dowdell Lane and Charter Oak Avenue behind k-rail to prepare for a future traffic shift – Wed & Thur Nights
• Concrete Media shift btwn Dowdell Lane & Charter Oak Ave to close sb shoulder for widening
Hours of work are 7:00 PM to 6:00 AM, Mon-Thur. (No Friday work due to the Memorial Day Holiday). Northbound shoulder HMA paving will take place behind k-rail. Re-striping operations will be behind k-rail with partial re-striping within the current northbound lane. One-way traffic control will be used. Delays of up to 5 minutes are anticipated. Driveway access to and Mills Lane will be limited while these areas are paved.
WEEK STARTING MAY 29, 2016
No work this week. Project is suspended for Wine Auction Week.
ADDITIONAL NOTES AND UPDATES TO THE PROJECT TEAM:
• As stated above, all construction work during Wine Auction Week has been suspended. Skeleton crews will be available for maintenance of existing traffic delineation.
• Full driveway access to the businesses btwn Vidovich & Grayson. Access will be available through entrances and exits along county roads.
• No work is scheduled near Whitehall Lane
• Charter Oak Crosswalk flashing beacon will be out-of-service starting on May 19 as we pave through this area. Portable Changeable Message Signs will be changed to say: “CROSSWALK AHEAD” | “WATCH FOR PEDS”.
For additional information: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/projects/NAP29Channelization/
Or follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CaltransD4
For updates on county roads near SR-29 and maintained by the County of Napa go to:
Please be #BeWorkZoneAlert.
# # #