Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I-80 Overnight Full Highway Closures-Fairfield-Start June 8

State of California • Department of Transportation

TRAFFIC ADVISORY

Date: May 24, 2016
District: 4 – Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: (510) 286-5206

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WESTBOUND and EASTBOUND-INTERSTATE-80-FAIRFIELD
Old Green Valley Road Overcrossing Demolition
Full Overnight Highway Closures-TWO WEEKS
Starts First Week of June 2016

SOLANO COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and its project partner the Solano Transportation Authority (STA) will begin work to remove the old Green Valley Road overcrossing above eastbound and westbound Interstate-80 (I-80) in Fairfield as part of the I-80/I-680/SR-12 Interchange Project.

The old overcrossing was replaced by the new Green Valley Road/I-80 overcrossing which recently opened to limited northbound and southbound traffic. Demolition of the old overcrossing is tentatively scheduled to start Monday, June 6.

Eastbound I-80 and Southbound I-680 Ramp Closures-Two Days-June 6 and 7
To ensure worker and public safety during the demolition of the old overcrossing, the eastbound I-80 onramp from Green Valley Road and the southbound I-680 connector from eastbound I-80 will be closed Monday, June 6 and Tuesday, June 7 starting each night at 10:00 PM until 4:00 AM the following mornings. Motorists should follow the detour signs.

Eastbound I-80 Full Overnight Highway Closure-Starts June 8 until June 13
Starting Wednesday, June 8 until Monday, June 13, full overnight closures are scheduled on eastbound I-80 at the Green Valley Road exit. Eastbound I-80 closures are tentatively scheduled 11:00 PM until 5:00 AM the following mornings. Motorists will be detoured onto an adjacent I-80 connector road at I-80 and Green Valley Road and back onto eastbound I-80 near the Suisun Valley Road exit.

Westbound I-80 Full Overnight Highway Closure-Starts June 19 until June 24
Overnight closures on westbound I-80 are tentatively scheduled starting Sunday, June 19 until Friday, June 24 starting at 11:00PM each night until 5:00 AM the following mornings. Detours will be in effect.

This stage of work is part of Package 1 of the I-80/I-680/SR-12 Interchange Project. Package 1 constructs a new Green Valley Road above I-80 and a new elevated connector bridge from westbound I-80 to westbound SR-12. Construction started spring 2014 and is scheduled to be completed in late 2016. All work is weather permitting.

Additional Work
Motorists are advised to allow for extra time, watch for temporary detours and always drive with caution through the construction zone.

Businesses and residents near the construction zone may encounter noise related to the demolition of the old overcrossing.

Caltrans will provide additional information regarding specific detours and closure times as soon as information becomes available.

For More Project Information
For additional project information: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/projects/solano8068012/
Or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Caltrans

Caltrans thanks you for your patience as we work to improve California’s highways.

Please be #BeWorkZoneAlert.

# # #


No comments:

Post a Comment