State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: March 23, 2015
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Shannon Brinias
Phone: (510) 286-5543
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nighttime Lane/Ramp Closures Scheduled
Interstate 80 (I-80) Carquinez and Zampa Bridges
Crockett/Vallejo, Calif. – Caltrans is conducting a maintenance project to resurface Interstate 80 (I-80) across the Carquinez and Zampa Bridges between Contra Costa County and Solano County and perform other needed maintenance. Some of the work involves pavement grinding and noise, and some equipment utilizes back-up alarm safety systems. The nightly work starts Monday March 28 through August 2016, weather permitting.
The following closures are scheduled weeknights starting Monday March 21:
• I-80 EB from Crockett to Vallejo will have lane reductions between the hours of 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
• The on ramp to I-80 EB at Pomona Street in Crockett will be closed intermittently for the same time period. Motorists will detour to Cummings Skyway.
The following additional closures are scheduled weeknights starting Monday March 28:
• I-80 WB from Vallejo to Crockett will have lane reductions between the hours of 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
• The on ramp to I-80 WB at Maritime Academy Dr./Sonoma Blvd. in Vallejo will be closed intermittently for the same period. Motorists will detour to Magazine Street.
The following additional closure is scheduled from Thursday March 31 until Saturday April 1:
• The Carquinez Bridge Bike Path will be closed for resurfacing. Posted signs will list the toll-free number for shuttle service to transport detoured bicyclists between the hours of 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
More information is available at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/carquinezzampabridgesmaint/
Motorists should drive with caution through the work zone. Get real-time traffic on Caltrans Quickmaps: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/ Or follow Caltrans on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CaltransD4. Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways. Please #BeWorkZoneAlert.