State of California • Department of Transportation
Date: May 27, 2015
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Allyn Amsk
Phone: (510) 286-5445
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Route 12 Laguna de Santa Rosa Project Begins in June
SONOMA COUNTY – In early June Caltrans will begin construction on State Route 12 at the Laguna de Santa Rosa Bridge. The majority of the work will take place during the day, but residents may notice increased noise from construction and mandatory backup alarms.
Construction activities include:
• Installation of construction signs in late May or early June 2015
• Demolition of the sidewalk on the bridge
• Widening of the bridge to include a shoulder and sidewalk on each side of the roadway.
• One-half of the new bridge will be constructed to allow for demolition of the old bridge. Then the second half of the bridge will be built.
• This work is expected to take place over two construction seasons and will not be complete until 2017.
The majority of the work will take place during the day, but some night work will be necessary. Construction may on occasion require a lane closure with one-way traffic control. During traffic shifts or other activities, there may also be full closures with traffic detoured to city or county roads.
Please check the project website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/12santarosabridge/ for current information.
If work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone, leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you, and Slow for the Cone Zone.
For more information about Caltrans projects in Sonoma County, visit the webpage at www.dot.ca.gov/dist4 and click on Sonoma County.