Friday, February 27, 2015

Eastbound I-80 Onramp from Green Valley Road-Fairfield-Overnight Closures-Week of Sunday, March 1

State of California • Department of Transportation

TRAFFIC ADVISORY

Date: February 27, 2015
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: Vince Jacala
Phone: 510/286-5206

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Eastbound I-80 Onramp from Green Valley Road-Fairfield
Overnight Closures-Week of Sunday, March 1

SOLANO COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), and its project partner the Solano Transportation Authority (STA) are continuing work on the Interstate-80/Interstate-680/State Route-12 Interchange Project in Fairfield.
During four consecutive nights starting Sunday, March 1 until Wednesday, March 4 crews will perform preliminary work on the new Green Valley Road/Interstate 80 (I-80) overcrossing. Crews will install temporary false-work.

Eastbound I-80 Onramp from Green Valley Road-Overnight Closure
To ensure worker and public safety, the eastbound I-80 onramp from Green Valley Road and the far right lane of eastbound I-80 between the State Route 12 exit and the Green Valley Road exit will be closed starting Sunday, March 1 until Wednesday, March 4. Closures will be scheduled each night Monday through Wednesday starting at 10:00PM each night until 4:00AM the following morning.

During the eastbound I-80 onramp closure, the following detour will be in effect:
Motorists heading to eastbound I-80 from Green Valley Road are advised to enter southbound I-680, then exit Gold Hill Road, and enter northbound I-680 from Gold Hill Road, then proceed on northbound I-680, and enter eastbound I-80 from northbound

I-680. Detour signs will be posted.

Motorists should expect delays. All work is weather permitting. The posted speed limit through the construction zone on I-80 in Fairfield is 55 miles per hour. Please remember to “Move Over” or “Slow Down”, it’s the law. #workzonealert

For additional project information: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/projects/solano8068012/

Or follow Caltrans at: https://twitter.com/CaltransD4

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment