Monday, November 3, 2014

Caltrans and City of Vallejo Partner in Major Maintenance-I-80 exits to Columbus Parkway and Hwy 29 Closures-Nov 5 & 6

State of California • Department of Transportation

TRAFFIC ADVISORY

Date: November 3, 2014
Agency: Caltrans District 4 –Oakland Agency: City of Vallejo
Contact: Vince Jacala Contact: Mike Schreiner
Phone: (510) 286-5206 Phone: (707) 648-4319

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Caltrans and City of Vallejo Partner in Major Maintenance
I-80 exits to Columbus Parkway and Highway 29
Off-ramp Closures –Watch for Detours-November 5 and 6

SOLANO COUNTY – Caltrans, the City of Vallejo, and several other area agencies are teaming up in a two-day major maintenance, litter abatement, and landscaping effort.

The first day of work starts Wednesday, November 5 at 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. on the eastbound Highway 37 off-ramp to Columbus Parkway, and the westbound Interstate 80 (I-80) off-ramp to Columbus Parkway. Work is weather permitting. Crews will trim-back overgrown trees, mow, replace lights under the I-80 overcrossing, clear-out trash, and remove graffiti.

Wednesday, November 5-Eastbound Highway 37 off-ramp to Columbus Parkway Closed:
To ensure worker and public safety, the eastbound Highway 37 off-ramp to Columbus Parkway will be closed during Wednesday’s work. Motorists will continue on eastbound I-80, exit at American Canyon Road, then re-enter westbound I-80 from American Canyon Road.

Wednesday, November 5-Westbound I-80 off-ramp to Columbus Parkway Closed:
Motorists headed to Columbus Parkway from westbound I-80 will continue on westbound I-80, exit Tennessee Street East, continue on Tennessee, then enter eastbound I-80 from Tennessee, and exit Columbus Parkway from eastbound I-80.

Thursday, November 6-Northbound Highway 29 off-ramp from eastbound I-80 Closed:
The second day of work starts Thursday, November 6. During that work, the northbound Highway 29 off-ramp from eastbound I-80 will be closed at 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. that same day.
Motorists will continue on eastbound I-80, then take westbound I-780, then westbound on Curtola Parkway, and enter Highway 29 from Curtola Parkway.

This is the tenth phase of a key partnership among Caltrans, the City, and several area agencies to beautify main entrances and thoroughfares in Vallejo through the “Vallejo Interagency Partnership” (VIP) program. Thank you for your patience as we maintain California’s highways.

For more information, see our webpage: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/projects/VIP/
Or follow Caltrans on Twitter at: https://mobile.twitter.com/CaltransD4
###


No comments:

Post a Comment