Date: March 14, 2014
District: 4 -
Contact: Allyn Amsk
Phone: (510) 286-5445
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. 101 Old Redwood Highway Interchange Improvement Project
Bridge Demolition and Full Freeway Closure Planned for March 22-23
Petaluma, Sonoma County –Caltrans has scheduled lane and ramp closures for the Old Redwood Highway Interchange Improvement project in Petaluma.
Bridge Demolition, Saturday Night / Sunday Morning, March 22 - 23
There will be a full freeway closure of U.S. 101 in the northbound and southbound directions on Saturday night / Sunday morning, March 22 - 23, for bridge demolition.
- Northbound U.S. 101 will be closed at the Old Redwood Highway Interchange Saturday night, March 22, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m Sunday morning, March 23. Detour: Exit at Old Redwood Highway, turn right, continue to State Route 116/Gravenstein Highway in Cotati, and return to northbound U.S. 101.
- Southbound U.S. 101 will be closed at Old Redwood Highway Interchange from 11 p.m. Saturday night, March 22, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., Sunday morning, March 23. Detour: Exit at Petaluma Boulevard N, turn right and continue to E. Washington Street. Turn left on E. Washington Street and continue to southbound U.S. 101.
- Prior to the full closure hours, there will be one-lane freeway closures in the northbound and southbound directions from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday night.
- After the full closure hours, there will be one-lane freeway closures in the northbound and southbound directions from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Sunday morning.
- The northbound and southbound loop on-ramps will be closed during bridge demolition.
- Demolition is a noisy activity, and residents and businesses may experience additional noise during this activity.
Bridge Demolition for Southbound Side
Caltrans will also have a full closure of southbound U.S. 101 at Redwood Highway North/Petaluma Boulevard North. The work is expected to take place Saturday night, March 29, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. This work will be scheduled when favorable weather conditions can be confirmed.
If this work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for a later time. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you. Please remember to Slow for the Cone Zone. The California Highway Patrol will be on site during these closures.
Motorists are adjusting to the new alignment of lanes at the Old Redwood Highway interchange. However, Caltrans would like to remind drivers not to block intersections. Please wait until the roadway is clear ahead of you before driving through an intersection. Drivers who block an intersection slow down the flow of traffic for everybody.
For information about other projects in Sonoma County, visit the Department’s website at www.dot.ca.gov/dist4 or follow us on Twitter: Caltrans District 4 @Sonoma101