Date: June 26, 2012
District: 4 -
Contact: Allyn Amsk
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. 101 Airport Blvd. Interchange Project
Night Work Scheduled This Week
SONOMA COUNTY – Caltrans has scheduled lane and closures during the night this week for the U.S. 101 Airport Blvd. Interchange Project. The contractor will restripe northbound and southbound U.S. 101 to make room in the median for future construction activities. Motorists should be aware that lanes will be shifted when driving through this construction zone. Speed Limit control signs have been installed to enhance traffic safety.
The following lane and ramp closures are planned for Wednesday and Thursday night:
- One lane will be closed from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and two lanes from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Airport Blvd. Loop On-Ramp from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Airport Blvd. Diagonal On-Ramp from Airport Blvd 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Detour: Northbound traffic should travel east on Airport Blvd., left on Fulton Road, left on Redwood Highway, left on Shiloh Road, and return to U.S. 101.
- One lane from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and two lanes from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Airport Blvd Off-Ramp from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Detour: Exit at Shiloh Road. Travel east on Shiloh Road, turn right on Redwood Highway, right on Fulton Road, and right on Airport Blvd.
- Airport Blvd. Diagonal On-ramp from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Detour: travel east on Airport Blvd., turn right on Fulton Road and take the southbound U.S. 101 loop on-ramp.
This work is weather dependent. If it is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for a later time. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you. Please remember to Slow for the Cone Zone.
For more information about the project, visit the webpage at www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/101airportblvd/. For information about current construction impacts, call the message line at (707) 781-2245. Follow us on Twitter: Caltrans District 4 @Sonoma101