Date: May 31, 2012
District: 4 -
Contact: Allyn Amsk
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. 101 Airport Blvd. Interchange Project Begins Construction June 3
Night Work Begins with Ramp Closures
SONOMA COUNTY – Construction is beginning for the U.S. 101 Airport Boulevard Interchange project. Caltrans has scheduled a full closure of the northbound U.S. 101 Airport Blvd off-ramp starting Monday night, June 3, and continuing until at least Tuesday, October 15, 2013. Note: At that time a new northbound U.S. 101 off-ramp to Airport Boulevard will open and a full closure of the northbound U.S. 101 Airport Blvd. on-ramp will begin.
Detour: During this extended closure, motorists can use the U.S. 101 Fulton Road off-ramp and continue on northbound Fulton Road to Airport Boulevard.
For the next few weeks, the Caltrans Contractor will be working Monday night through Saturday night, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. The following permanent and temporary closures have been scheduled:
- June 3: Permanent closure of the northbound U.S. 101 loop off-ramp to Airport Blvd. Detour: Exit at the northbound U.S. 101 Fulton Road off-ramp. Continue northbound on Fulton Road to Airport Blvd. Alternate Detour: Take the U.S. 101 Shiloh northbound on-ramp to southbound U.S 101 and return to Airport Blvd.
- June 6: Permanent closure of the northbound Fulton Road to northbound U.S. 101 loop on-ramp. Detour: Continue on northbound Fulton Road, turn left on westbound Airport Blvd., and use the northbound U.S. 101 on-ramp.
Temporary Night Closures
- In addition, one lane of the northbound U.S. 101 Airport Blvd. on-ramp will be closed Monday night, June 3, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound U.S. 101: Up to two lanes of northbound U.S. 101 will be closed from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound U.S. 101 off-ramp to Airport Boulevard will be closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The diagonal on-ramp from Airport Boulevard to northbound U.S. 101 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The northbound U.S. 101 loop on-ramp will be closed 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Southbound U.S. 101: up to two lanes will be closed from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The Windsor River Road on-ramp will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
This work is weather dependent. If it is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled for a later time. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you. Please remember to Slow for the Cone Zone.
For more information about the project, visit the webpage at www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/101airportblvd/